The Road West

Go down

The Road West

Post by Ikurei Conphas on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Darius II once stood upon the banks of the mighty Tigris and looked westward, surveying his mighty army.

"Tell me," he asked his assembled satraps, his tone playful. "You look upon this army and see that it is beautiful. What does that say about men such as yourselves?"

"It reminds us that we are a race bred to war, oh God-of-Men." The boldest of his satraps, Araxatos, replied.

"No." He said, becoming cross. "Men are fools, and war is intellect. It is violence we are bred to. Not war." He paused, surveyed the closing ranks. "Now that we are established upon these lands, this cradle of mortal civilization, we might secure the trade that should by rights be ours. You may be men of different faiths and different books, but in your hearts burns the same fire, the same lust for glory that drives all worldborn. So go forth, and baptize this world in that fire."

He strode forward, a grin crossing his face as his attendants threw their faces on the dirt. None looked him in the eye. Even the satraps remained prostrate upon the earth. He walked to Araxatos and drew him to his feet.

"Look me in the eyes." He saw a touch of fear in his vassal's visage, a touch of admiration. Good. It had been long since he had looked in the face of a man, but all was as it should be when a man looked in the eyes of a living god. He pulled him close, his gloved hand brushing bare skin. "Do not fail me, Araxatos." He whispered.

[We henceforth are planning a campaign to press westward through Mosul into Syria.]

Last edited by Ikurei Conphas on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ikurei Conphas

Back to top Go down

Re: The Road West

Post by Thracius on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Always a pleasure to read work by Ikurei Very Happy
Thracius

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikurei Conphas on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:12 pm

[Thanks. I really enjoy my current characters. This was just me giving fair warning that the general area to the northwest of me is no longer up for grabs (or at least your attempts to try will be contested strongly). I just have to write up my army and economy yet.]
Ikurei Conphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mik on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 am

You are aiming for Syria? Hopefully conflict between us will not need to happen.
Mik

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikurei Conphas on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:56 am

Well, mainly the area around Edessa.
Ikurei Conphas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content