Breaching the gap (lore)

Go down

Breaching the gap (lore)

Post by Thracius on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:34 pm

So I decided to undertake a little fantasy timeline of how the Old Empires of World Realism fell and game to the Nations of this day.

1008: The Russian Empire reaches it's height, while the Greco-Roman Empire falls into decline

1009: The Order of the Pale Knights, having suffered severe decline after the Papal Pale war, musters it's remaining knights and infiltrates the Holy See through a night attack sacking the Vatican and slaying the Pope, however Hochmeister Thracius is killed in the process, this spells a period of chaos. Relations between Magna Germania, and the Eastern Orthodox nations (excluding Russia) breakdown entirely, and the ceasefire is broken. The Order of the Pale Knights crumbles.

1010: King Richard I of Burgundy passes without an heir, the country falls into a state of turmoil and shatters. His brother King Arnulf I of West Francia attempts to claim his throne but fails.

1011: The Greco-Roman Empire collapses, the Greater Republic of Constantinople, and the Republic of Athens succeed it. War soon breaks out between the two nations. The Kingdom of West Franks launches a naval campaign against the Republic of Athens, however many ships are lost in a storm, the remaining destroyed by the Athenian fleet.

1012: Koln declares war on Holland, West Francia soon follows suit. The United Baltic Confederacy annexes Denmark, and expels the Scythian population. the Scythians migrate to Koln but are denied and expelled, the desperate Scythians turn to ravaging Poland.

1013: War erupts between the Emerald Alliance, and the Southern Alliance. The Confederation of Portugalia declares war on the Emerish. The Emerish drive as far as London, but are forced into a ceasefire, when Portugalia invades Ireland, neither side is able to come to terms and the war starts up again. Austria annexes Tallosia, and Kashim expands into Hungary. The first battle is fought between Greater Constantinople and Athens resulting in Athenian victory.

1014: The marauding Scythians are defeated in a decisive battle by the Polish, none are spared. A pact is formed between Koln and Russia and they declare war on Poland splitting it in two (go figure).

1015 A indecisive battle is fought outside the village of Amsterdam between Koln and and Holland, Koln is forced to retreat, or face destruction, a truce is established, and Koln reorganizes it's army sending it to the Eastern front. Khasem and West Francia declare war on Portugalia, Brittany is taken with little effort as the Portuguese army is campaigning in Ireland, when word reaches the army, it surrenders to the Emerish. The Polish army is crushed under the might of the combined superpowers, tensions rise between the Germans and Russians over the border claims. The Baltic Confederacy forms a Union with Finmark establishing Nordia.

1016 The Emerish are back on the offensive, Exter, and Nottingham are seized, the Southern Alliance surrenders and becomes a protectorate of the now Emerald Empire. Khasem & West Frank forces invade Portugalia. A series of island battles occurs in the Aegean as Constantinople attempts to gain naval supremacy. The Rebels Lords of the Highlands fearing Emerish Imperialism call on the aid of Coldistan, for months longboats harass Ireland, while border skirmishes occur between the Rebel Highland states and the Emerish Empire.

Might add more if this appeals to me, tell me what you think. Or what you would like to see.

Last edited by Thracius on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaching the gap (lore)

Post by Mik on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:38 pm

What happened to Khasem? Other than that it's great.
Mik

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doyler on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:46 pm

I like the Athenian victory part.
I'd like to see more of Athens and general post-Greco-Roman Empire material.
Other than that, fantastico.

EDIT: I put gaps between the separate year paragraphs, more legible.
EDIT2: I also put the years in bold.
Doyler

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thracius on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Well if that appeals to you. Razz
I was planning on putting the Khasem/West Frank Portugalia war in the next year.
Thracius

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mik on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 pm

West Frank Portugalia? Sweet I'm excited for that pop it in!!

Edit: I hadn't noticed it already there interesting
Non the less.
Mik

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesla on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:26 am

Why does Austria has to annex me? I was in good relations and I still have Corsica and that piece in Italy.

I'm looking forward to the pleasure of your company since I haven't had it yet.
Your safety is not guaranteed.
Tesla

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant The Brave on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 am

What are you going to say about me(I have the same name and land as the former dutch kingdom)?

Valiant The Brave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down