Gangland

Go down

Gangland

Post by Thracius on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Yesterday I hit a huge dose of inspiration and was considering a new game, called Gangland.
It would take place in the United States and it's borders, the objective would pretty much to
dominate the drug trade and influence in the United States major cities.

Featured Factions:
Gangs > Kingpin Mobs
Gangs would start off small in a major city, but would have the ability to expand very well, and if one became strong enough I.E control a sector of the city (North,East,West,South) It could become a Kingpin Mob, and recieve certain bonuses.
Biker Gangs
The Outlaw Nomads, they possess the ability to go anywhere and everywhere. They call no place home or territory, but can make money by acquiring and selling at the cities the stop in, they recieve a bonus for selling in Kingpin owned cities as they are competeting with his higher price, but it also cuts into his income and could anger him. They also can act as mercenaries for the waring factions.
Mafias
The Unknown they are everywhere and nowhere, they are best known for their dealing in arms, they are the only faction with access to the big guns, and can choose whether or not to sell them to other factions. They also deal in cocaine which cuts into the Cartels action. They have room to become very strong, but recruitment will be low do to extensive screening processes. Feds are constantly attempting to devise their identity and shut them down, so being to public (I.E going to war) could possibly be fatal
Cartels This Faction controls the drug trade in the West, and is eager to expand East, they generally work unnoticed as they threaten and bribe, and instances kill officials on both sides of the border. They are ruthless but are also smart, they deal mostly in cocaine, but are also available to the biggest money drug Heroine. Terreitory is a big thing as more of the border they control the more money they make, but waring other cartels is usually not an option as his can draw alot of attention to their activities from Federal Agents and be potentially threatening to their existance.
Prison Gangs
Comprised of members on long sentences or life, their goal is to control the streets, and cartels. They attempt to keep the streets divided, because if a gang gets to strong and becomes Kingpin Status they are untouchable, they do this through their unique system of hitmen which they order to take out the gang leaders. They can also hire Biker gangs to go to war with Cartels to keep them in line if necessary. They do all this by coded message, every time a message is sent out there i a 10% chance that it will be decoded by the police, and if a hit is ordered and the police know the code they can shut down the Prison Gang. Prison Gangs can prevent this by paying a Local Player Kingpins to interrogate corrupt Officers, they can then change the coding but must wait 1d-5 years for one of their members to be let out of prison and tell the local gangs the new coding, during this time gangs are let free-run and alot can change within this time.
Conspiracist/Anarchist Militas
These Factions fear that the world is being controled by a shadow government, or just don't like the government in general. Mostly comprised by racial hate groups in the South they will do anything they can to recruit and prepare for the 'war on the horizon' they make most their cash robbing banks. Their ultimate goals are to sabotage major areas in city which draws attention from the National Guard, which is good for nobody but the militias as this draws media attention to their organization which gives recruitability to their usually zero recruitment pool. The Larger the Militia the stronger.

Feds: Not a Gang but necessary for the game, these agencies make their cash by attempting busts every year, whether it is shutting down a line of drug trade, putting hitmen in jail, or the bringing in the cashcow Kingpin. Doing this gets them funding, they get a set amount of cash each year, the more busts they make the more that increases. There can only be up to four Fed factions, one in each time zone. They are not considered as Local Police, and thus can not be bribed, their task force will start off small and locally but they have the abiity to grow easily.

This is just a brief overview of the factions, I'm working on the whole idea still, just tell me what you think.

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Re: Gangland

Post by Tesla on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:57 pm

I like the Idea, but I would personally do a really big map, pretty much everything. Russia would be havens for Mafias, Mexico good for cartels, ect.

But I would love this, it would be fun to do in the 30's-40's because gangs and such where at a height at this time, in America at least.

I would have to be a Mafia type if we did this. Russian Mafia would be even better.

Last edited by Tesla on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

I'm looking forward to the pleasure of your company since I haven't had it yet.
Your safety is not guaranteed.
Tesla

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doyler on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Tesla wrote:I like the Idea, but I would personally do a really big map, pretty much everything. Russia would be havens for Mafias, Mexico good for cartels, ect.

But I would love this, it would be fun to do in the 30's-40's because gangs and such where at a height at this time, in America at least.
Lol, playing Mafia 2 lately? Or seen Godfather 1,2 or 3?
Doyler

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesla on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:01 pm

No, but I am subscribed to someone on Youtube who is making a let's play of it. I would <3 the game, since I live those kind of games.

Tesla

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thracius on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Tesla wrote:I like the Idea, but I would personally do a really big map, pretty much everything. Russia would be havens for Mafias, Mexico good for cartels, ect.

True Organized Crime was at it's height at this time, but it doesn't have the diversity of the present time.
In the 30's-40's Arms trafficing was local, and not as diverse, cartels didn't exist, drugs were brought in by the Mobs. Biker gangs hadn't blossomed into large and diverse crime syndicates, wasn't any anti-government radical groups that I am aware of. Local gangs weren't so diverse or a real threat to the city, they were just a nucense. And Prison Gangs were pretty non-existant.

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doyler on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Tesla wrote:No, but I am subscribed to someone on Youtube who is making a let's play of it. I would <3 the game, since I live those kind of games.
This guy? I've been subscribed to him for about a year now Smile
Doyler

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tesla on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:16 pm

Ye. Though I am considering unsubcribing since he's making more and more comments that I dislike.

Tesla

King's Scroll
Health:
100/100  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum